Our current trend in education is geared toward STEM thinking; science, technology, engineering, and math. The United States recognizes the need for higher level thinking skills in order to stay competitive among its allies, which is a positive step in the right direction. But, do they recognize the correlation between these skills and the arts? Politicians and government agencies that support education need to understand the value of right brain thinking and make financial commitments as well as mandates for their support of the arts. Right brain thought processes need to be honed in order for this type of thinking to have a permanent impact upon our society as a whole. Visit these sites to find out more about STEAM education, make ART a vital part of your schools’ curriculum.
- STEM to STEAM http://stemtosteam.org/
- Technology in the Arts http://www.technologyinthearts.org/
- Remake Learning http://remakelearning.org/
- Adobe Education http://www.adobe.com/education.html?marketSegment=EDU&showEduReq=no
- STEAM Connect http://steamconnect.org/